Monday, July 8, 2013

CDs for pickup

Moving into my new home, I took my CDs out of storage. I don't need these physical recordings. If you would like to have them, please comment! I'm in downtown Oakland.

While I'm here, I'll mention that I haven't had a space of my own this big since my residency at Millay. In contrast to residency, I have little control over the ambient sounds that arise.

Next to my room are a quiet street, a noisy street, and the front door and corridor and one housemate's room. I haven't managed to sound-dampen the door or wall yet, so nights can be more interesting than my sleepy face has been accustomed to. Yet as a new member of a close-knit collective house, I've instructed myself to be patient. Notice the sounds that arrive and how they impact me. Notice the mutual respect and esteem of housemates, and the impact of that.

Sound is so much internal.

No comments:

Post a Comment