Thursday, December 2, 2010

Balinese gamelan concert Sunday

To tell you the truth, I walked out of my first gamelan concert but gradually fell irrevocably in love with it. Not to worry -- we'll demonstrate how it's put together and afterwards you can ask me about how Indonesian music showed me the way to my own Chinese heritage. Spend a few moments trying out the instruments after the show!

Philadelphia area listeners: Come and be dazzled by vibrant, refined dances and glittering bronze music rich in rhythms and fluctuating energy. This semester we are premiering a new version of our teacher's Prayer for Peace and performing some of our favorite traditional pieces.

Swarthmore College Lang Concert Hall
3pm December 5
Families welcome
Free and open to the public

No comments:

Post a Comment